Friday 9 November 2018

Autunmn reading suggestion!

Hi, Everyone 

Today I am going to do more of a type of books to read than a specific book. I found this easier to do than deciding on individual books as there are so many that are good and suits the category I will be including a one or two individual books but the rest will be with a picture of a book that will suit the individual category that I own or have read. 


The first book I am going to suggest is: 

Autumn by Ali Smith  




Well, this is an obvious choice and perfect for this topic, it says right there in the title of the book and I am sure a lot of you have either heard of this book or have read it. It is the just the essence of Autumn with some good descriptive sentences with defines the autumn scene well, which plays the backdrop to a love story told through Autumn.
The next is a series which has been extremely popular which is:

Harry Potter series by J.K Rowlins 





Well, you could really read them and time of the year, but there is nothing better than snuggling up with a Harry Potter book and a nice hot chocolate or any hot beverage of your choice and getting stuck into the world of Harry Potter and all the characters. It is always an amazing journey no matter how many times you re-read them as many many people do. 

The next type of book I'm going to suggest is:

Vampire/Supernatural 




This is a taken that these will be included in my suggestion as this is the best time to read them seeing as Halloween is in Autumn, Which for obvious reasons involves vampires and the supernatural things. There are plenty of these about for you to enjoy. You don't necessarily have to go down the Twilight route. 

The next Type of books I am going to talk briefly about kind of goes into the supernatural category, but I thought they could have a part all to themselves are:

Ghost stories 




I just thought ghost stories are perfect for these dark nights and snuggling up to read maybe even with a lamp and some candles on to get the whole atmosphere going. There are some amazing ghost stories out there for any age as long as you like a bit of a scare, I guess you could find some that are not so scary as well if you're not into scary things or what to try a different kind of ghost story.

The Last suggestion will cover a huge amount of books but they are:

Thrillers/Horror



I know a lot of people read these type of books this time of year as it is the perfect time of year to do so things get dark earlier and the weather turns cold and raining. It just feels like a good setting for these reading this kind of book and there are many different authors who write thrillers and horror books and they have their own section in bookshops. I personally do enjoy a good thriller especially crime thrillers or psychological thrillers.  (I guess crime books could be added to this list)

I hope this post is not too late for an Autumn reading suggestion I guess some could be used for Winter suggestions they could be interchangeable.


I hope you enjoyed reading my little post 
         Best Wishes 
      Stacey the Bookworm 

No comments:

Post a Comment