Friday 26 April 2019

Now You See Her By Heidi Perks Review


Hi guys,

Today I want to share with you all my review of Now You See Her By Heidi Perks. Before I start I do want to say there is a trigger warning for abuse more mentally than any other type.
Another side note is that this book can be found by the other title Her One Mistake.









Right now let's get on with this review, shall we?
Charlotte is looking after her best friends Harriet's little girl Alice when she suddenly goes missing at a school fete. Harriet then cannot bring herself to talk to Charlotte never mind look at her. Two weeks later they are both in police custody being questioned by police which brings up A LOT of questions.

There are many questions that are asked in this book and a lot of surprises. Both Charlotte and Harriet keep secrets not only from each other but every one well that's more Harriet but I won't say any more I don't want to spoil the book for you all.

Harriet's husband plays a big part in the book to as let's say he has some issues of his own especially with control and is willing to mostly anything to keep it I won't say any more so no spoils or I don't ruin the book if you haven't read it yet. (I did not like this character, but I see that he is very important for the plot of the book).

The ending of the book is neither happy or sad it has a bit of both in it I guess it is up to your own option and view of if it has a good ending or not or something in between as it can be seen in many ways. Which I particularly like as it opens up a big discussion.


Overall I liked this book very much it dealt with the difficult issue of abuse well and did not make it obvious to the other characters to near the end of the book. which I think is truer to real life as you never know what goes on behind closed doors. This book keeps you guessing from beginning to end what really happened to Alice. There are a lot of secrets and it keeps you guessing and wanting to know what happens next it is a really good thriller and makes you think how well do you really know people and what goes on behind closed doors that you don't get to see.

I highly enjoyed this thriller it kept me guessing all the way through and I would not have guessed what happened in it and who did what even though I did have an idea the book completely turns around and has you thinking in a completely different direction.

I gave this book 4/5 on GoodReads but it was more like 4 1/2 out of 5  

 Until next time
Keep reading 
Stacey the Bookworm 

 































No comments:

Post a Comment