Thursday 4 June 2020

The Dark Side by Danielle Steel Book Review



Hello, there everyone.

Hope you are all doing well,

Today I am going to do a book review on The Dark Side by Danielle Steel. I have read one or two of her books before and have really enjoyed them. So clear it was going to hopefully be a good chance I was going to enjoy this one and I had not heard anything about it before reading the blurb, which I will share with you now.





Zoe Morgan's childhood was overshadowed by her younger sister's tragic illness, watching as her parents dedicated themselves completely to her final days, and then divorced. As a young woman driven by these painful memories, Zoe has exacting standards for herself, studying hard and pursuing a career in the non-profit world, where her deep compassion for disadvantaged children finds a focus.

When Zoe falls in love and has her own child, she is determined to be a perfect mother to her child. But before long, old, deeply buried scars begin to pull Zoe to the edge of an abyss too terrifying to contemplate.

As Zoe is haunted by the ghosts of her past, her story will become a race against time and a tale of unforgettable psychological suspense.

This book is really interesting and not what I expected it to be it dealt with a mother with a lonely childhood and the loss of her younger sister, which obviously has an effect on her later in life. This book also deals with a psychological disorder called Munchausen by proxy, which is extremely hard to diagnose and this book was an interesting look into it as a lot of people have not heard of it or know very little about it.

I liked all the characters and found some sympathy with others I especially like the character of Cathy the paediatrician and I also really liked Austin the dad.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and the story that it tells and the subject matter that is in this book is a hard one to cover but I also it found very interesting, the whole book was very gripping and is one the has stuck with me for a while and will probably continue to. The Dark Side is definitely one of my favourite books I have read so far this year and I highly suggest that you all give it a try.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5




All the best 
Keep reading 
Stacey
         

No comments:

Post a Comment