Saturday 18 July 2020

From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home By Tembi Locke Review


Hello Everyone,



Today's post is about the book From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home by Tembi Locke and if you didn't know she is an American Actress who has been in many films and Tv shows. If anyone how knows me knows that I hardly if ever really read memoirs unless it's some one I really like and interested in but this is an exception and a good one.

Let me explain this book is basically about Tembi's connection with Sicily and her developing love and learning about the culture and her developing love of Sicily also it is about the loss of her husband Saro to cancer and being a single parent dealing with the grief and her process of grieving mostly through discovering the healing powers of food, family and unexpected grace in her darkest hour.

This book is well written and narration by the author. It was very interesting read (or at least I found it interesting) and moving story about loss. It could be a good read for someone who is grieving or has lost someone.

I really really enjoyed reading this story and apricated Tembi story and her sharing it with the world. I found out about this book because of Reese Witherspoon's boo club Hello Sunshine, but I did not read it because of this or when it was being read for the book club. I did find it really interesting and a insight into losing a love one and finding acceptance. I the aspects of Sicily very details and transported me their I could imagine being there in my head and I learn something of the culture and the different ways and ideas people have from other parts of the world. I feel like I went on a journey with Tembi and it was very insightful.

I gave this book
⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 stars

Have a Great Day 
Keep Reading 
Stacey   



No comments:

Post a Comment